Spirit of Maine Boer Goat show 2019
2 ABGA SANTIONED SHOWS
THE SPIRIT OF MAINE BOER GOAT SHOWS
AUGUST 8, 2019
Topsham Fairgrounds, Topsham, Maine
Youth Showmanship Classes will begin at 9 A.M.
Judges – Kay Vann & Kevin Richmond
There will be Youth Wether Classes
All rules and regulations of ABGA Sanctioned shows apply in addition to the rules listed below:
Rules subject to change without notice*
1. Entry Fee: There is a $15.00 entry fee per animal, for the Spirit of Maine must be received on or before August 1st , entries submitted after this date are subject to Double fees and will not be included in the Show Program. NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED ON the day of the show AUGUST 8, 2019, except substitutions. All fees are due when entries are submitted. Please make all checks payable to “BGBM”. Email entries to:
2. Health Regulations: Goats from all Maine Counties may be shown provided the herd is not under quarantine. All goats traveling to Maine must have a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection. This certificate can be obtained from your Veterinarian.
3. Permits: All goats entering the State of Maine MUST obtain a TRANSPORTATION PERMIT. Please call 207-287-3701 for more information. All Permits and Health charts will be checked prior to unloading.
4. Certificate of Insurance: Proof of Insurance required. You can bring a certificate of insurance from your insurance provider or you may join Maine Association of Livestock Exhibitors, by going to www.mainelivestockexhibitors.org to register online or contact: Kathleen Pride 207-838-5727
5. As the Sponsor of the show Boer Goat Breeders of Maine reserves the right to the management and the final and absolute right to interpret or change these rules and regulations and arbitrary settle and defer all matters, questions, or differences in regard thereto, or otherwise arising out of or connected with, or incidental to the show.
6. The Breed Standards of ABGA and all other ABGA show rules, will be observed and upheld at this show.
7. All Goats must be registered in the Herd book of ABGA (American Boer Goat Association).
8. An original registration certificate is required of all animals 3 months old and older. An animal under 3 months may have an application stamped by ABGA with the date received.
9. Proof of ownership shall be the name on the Registration Certificate, persons showing animals with signed transfers on the certificate must show these animals as an agent for the owner listed.
10. All animals MUST have legible tattoos that match the registration certificates. All animals entered are subject to having tattoos and papers checked by show officials at anytime. All class winners will have their tattoos and certificates checked. In the case a tattoo does not match the paper the goat will forfeit the award and the Judge will select another animal for that title.
11. Birthdates, as listed on the registration certificate will determine class placement. Take the show date and count back to the birthdates to determine the age and the class the animal will show in.
12. The Judges decision will be final. No protests will be allowed. No reversal of decisions will be considered unless the Official Shows & Judges Committee determines there was a violation of Official IBGA Judging or Show Rules. No animals will be presented to the Judge that have been purchased from that judge within 6 months of the show.
13. RULES FOR THE YOUTH WETHER SHOW:
14. All wether goats must be ear tagged and checked in upon arrival.
15. There will be no changing of weight after the weigh in.
16. Wethers will be designated into a show class by weight, class divisions to be determined after weigh in.
17. All wether goats are to be castrated with no testicular tissue present.
18. Horns are optional.
19. All wether goats MUST HAVE MILK TEETH INTACT. Any wether goat missing teeth will be disqualified. The judge is authorized to mouth any wether to verify that milk teeth are present and that decision is official.
Directions to Topsham Fair
ALL LIVESTOCK MUST ENTER THROUGH ELM STREET LIVESTOCK ENTRANCE
From Route 295 take exit 31 turn east onto Route 196, follow to intersection of Route 201, turn right onto Route 201. Travel on Route 201 until the Elm St intersection turn left onto Elm Street, Fair Grounds Livestock Entrance will be on the left.
SPIRIT OF MAINE
Class Schedule, August 8th 2019
***Please use the classes/codes found on this page to enter classes on the entry form. Thank You!***
ABGA Breeding Divisions:
Thursday 2 great shows
Show Class Range
0 to under 3 months
5/10/19 thru 8/9/19
3 to under 6 months
2/10/19 thru 5/9/19
6 to under 9 months
11/10/18 thru 2/9/19
9 to under 12 months
8/10/18 thru 11/9/18
12 to under 16 months
4/10/18 thru 8/9/18
16 to under 20 months
12/10/17 thru 4/9/18
20 to under 24 months
8/10/17 thru 12/9/17
24 to under 36 months
8/10/16 thru 8/8/17
36 months and older
born on or before 8/8/16
SPIRIT OF MAINE
FARMNAME: _____ OWNER NAME ABGA # _________
CITY: STATE: ZIP: ________
PHONE: ( )
PLEASE ENTER ONE GOAT PER LINE
NUMBER OF ABGA/ CLASS ENTRIES:_______x $15.00 = $__________ x 2 $ __________
NUMBER OF PENS: x $0.00 = $
TOTAL = $
Remember the entries is x 2 shows
*NO CHARGE FOR SHOWMANSHIP & WETHER CLASSES, PLEASE INCLUDE EXHIBITOR’S NAME & AGE ABOVE
PLEASE SEND PRE-REGISTRATION ENTRIES TO e mail:
MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO “BGBM”